Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday Snapshot

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books.Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. how much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

This week was a tough choice. I've been so many places and gotten so many wonderful days worth of shots, it wasn't easy to pick just one. So I decided to narrow it down to two.
They come from the same location, just facing different directions. I probably should have done my research concerning the locks on the bridge by Notre Dame de Paris, but if I had to guess by the names written on them with little hearts I'd say it's something that's supposed to keep couples together forever.

Just across the bridge on the island by Notre Dame, something about the light and water called to me. Water's been calling to me a lot these days, my pictures have been a bit obsessed with it. Anyway, it's a beautiful little boat house/restaurant with an adorable black lab on the deck somewhere, let's call him Waldo, I'll think of a prize if you can find him.

8 comments:

  1. Great shots. The locks are so romantic. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Paris shots. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bridge is so cool! And of course Notre Dame is one of the most breathtaking structures I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little locks - I've seen them before, but in Cinque Terre. We were in Italy this summer and people were placing them on a walkway. It was supposed to mean they would be together forever. I didn't know people did it in other places. Great pics, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the locks! That's a great picture.

    My Snapshot is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes the locks on Pont des Arts are very famous. Couples put their lock on then throw the key into the river. The city of Paris doesn't like it, and takes them down every so often. What I can't believe is that I've never walked across pont des arts! i forgot about it last time, even though we walked across pont neuf repeatedly- there is always something to distract you in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so beautiful there! I can see how it would be difficult to choose photos (or to stop taking them). :)

    ReplyDelete