Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Snapshot

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. how much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

Today's photo comes from yesterday's traipse along the Champs Elysees because it was a beautiful day, and hey, why not. I started at the Arch de Triomphe and meandered my way down the rue, pausing to take a postcard writing break in one of the lovely little parks that litter the way as you approach the Jardins de Tuileries. As I crossed the street to the Place de la Concorde at the end of the way, these fountains caught my eye with their gold detailing against the dark metal. Apparently, this was the fountain that can be seen in the movie The Devil Wears Prada, in the scene where Anne Hathaway's character decides she's done with the fashion industry and tosses her phone into the fountain.



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I was in Paris last May and loved it. I can't wait to go back. I've never seen so many monuments, fountains and sculptures in one place before. My favorite? Place St Michel. I post a photo of it as one of my Saturday Snapshots over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Place St Michel yet, I might have to check it out today since the weather is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Paris, my heart aches each time I see it. How lucky to be there in the lovely autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Paris, but it is on my bucket list. How lucky for you to have this time to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. It looks very elegant. You didn't toss in your cell phone did you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I've enjoyed Paris many times...in books and movies! I do remember that scene from The Devil Wears Prada! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't been to Paris in 40 years:( Love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving sharing the sights of Paris with you. Thanks for posting this and giving the little extra bit about the movie! Sounds like you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely walk. In Europe they seem to have fountains everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great shot. Clicking for a close-up view really shows it off. I love virtually visiting Paris with you. I hope to get there one of these days.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/10/saturday-snapshot-october-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great fountain! I'd love to visit Paris!!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to Paris either, but a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen The Devil Wears Prada, but I remember that my husband saw it in flight once and said I would probably like it. I know I would love Paris. :)

    ReplyDelete