Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Snapshot

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books.Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. how much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

Today, I made a trip out to the Trocadero. If you've ever seen pictures where people are posed to be holding, squishing, the same size as, etc, with the Eiffel Tower, this is where it's taken. It's a crush of humanity, but still pleasant with the pipe music of the Peruvian band that was playing in the background. And of course there was the eclectic mix of those people who think it's amusing to have their picture taken as if squishing a French monument, mostly British and German tourists.

What I liked best about the Trocadero is the pool of fountains below. Unfortunately on this trip I wasn't able to get spectacular photos of the water, I'll have to go back. That and the metro ride there. It's one of the few lines where you aren't underground, instead you float (read: bump) along above Paris, cross the Seine and see the Statue of Liberty, French style.

8 comments:

  1. Nice. I had a picture of myself "holding up" the Leaning Tower of Pisa once. Here's My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely shot! It's been so long since I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for *taking* us there ;) Paris is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful photo! I, alas, have never been to France...i hope to go someday. I'm sure it's wonderful seeing the Eiffel Tower in person. I think I'd like to go when it's a little less crowded (is it ever?!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, the only time I've seen it not as crowded is when the weather is absolutely horrendous. And even then there's still a bit of a line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it is Paris.The experience will be memorable.

    ReplyDelete