Friday, September 17, 2010

And away we go!

First blog post. Ever. This is big, this is bigger than big this is huge.
Well, not really.
Anyway, back to business.
It's officially a month into my freshman year of college, or it will be on Sunday. I've had classes for two and a half weeks now, made some great friends, cried when my parents left and then cried again when Mom came to
visit and then had to leave.
I'll just do a quick recap of what's happened so far:

August:
  • Mom and Dad dropped me off at school, many tears ensued.
  • I met some amazing people and had a tiring and packed full but awesome orientation experience.
  • Started classes
  • Met my swim teammates for the first time and started practicing.
  • Collaborated with my incredible dorm/housemates to create an amazing rendition of the school's alma mater and a banner to represent our house at the First Year Cup. We lost everything except for the song, a bit of a no brainer since we are the performing arts college. Still, we're in second place overall.
September:
  • Discovered the rope swing and just how pretty nature can be.
  • Continued classes, forgot assignments, made them up and wrote my first college essay.
  • Dealt with our first drunk person.
  • Still have to deal with some drunk people.
  • Mom visited
  • Found employment in the costume shop as helper monkey/makeup lady. Turns out its actually a work study program which means I'm actually getting paid instead of just volunteering.
And now, four weeks in I have a group of the best friends I could hope to find. There's the inner circle, the whiteboard-hood (it can't really be a sisterhood because Matt's part of it) and the generally amazing people that live in the dorm and then the swim friends. All great people I'm so lucky to have found them and chosen this place.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're living a charmed life. Maybe they'll make a movie about you.

    ReplyDelete