Friday, July 13, 2012

Saturday Snapshot

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With BooksPhotos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. how much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.


These pictures come from a while back. After a week of super heavy rainfall up at school, we finally had a nice sunny, rainless day the second to last week we were there. Even though it was April, it was warm and some friends and I decided to make use of the canoes the school has to explore the river. This is a tree that is normally up on dry ground when it hasn't been raining buckets.

Along the way we came across four little ducklings who had escaped from their owners, freshmen who had decided that ducklings were good dorm pets. The other kids had brought them out on the water, but the pull of their natural habitat was too much for the babies and so they jumped ship. We rounded them up and took them back to shore to the worried parents, one of them was my co-captain and sat next to me quacking happily along the whole way back.
This is my little duckling  buddy. We called him Billy after a duckling character  from the musical HONK!

18 comments:

  1. Very cute. I have a duck story in my Saturday Snapshots as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shot of the water and the tree, and I love the ducks. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/qCafm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What an adventure for you ... and the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those ducks -- so cute! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shots! Love the tree and water...the reflections are great.

    Duckling are cute. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat adventure on your boat ride! And cute ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know where all the rain we haven't gotten went....The ducklings are adorable! So fluffy.

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute ducklings. We went on a canal boat in England last summer and were cooing over ducklings all the time. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why would ANYONE think that a duck in a dorm would be a good idea? Good grief... They are adorable though, and I bet they were enjoying the flood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is a lot of rain. Ducks should be in there for good, forget the dorm room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ducks! Wonderful photos!

    Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those ducklings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't imagine that ducks would make great dorm pets! I'm glad you rescued the little guys.

    My Scottish Saturday Snapshots

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures!! I wish we could get some rain right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable ducks. I wonder what ever happened to the ducks. Hope they survived in the wild once they were released.

    ReplyDelete